The LG G4 is one of the most popular Android phones of 2015. It’s fast, sleek and it has an incredible camera. You get the option to customize the look of the phone with leather back panels, which come in a half dozen different colors. If you’re reading this article, chances are that you purchased the LG G4 at an amazing price from your service provider and you’re now looking for the SIM unlock code for your phone because you’re planning to travel overseas or want to switch carriers.
Fortunately, SIM unlocking the LG G4 is fairly simple, and we’ve outlined two different ways you can go about getting your unlock code.
Getting your LG G4 SIM unlock code
- Open the LG G4′s dialer
- Dial *#06# and your LG G4′s IMEI number will appear on the screen
- Write the IMEI down on a piece of paper for easy reference
Option 1: Request your SIM unlock code form your service provider
There’s a good chance that you can get a free SIM unlock code for your LG G4 from your service provider, as long as your account is in good standing and the phone is paid in full.
- Call your service provider
- Politely ask the customer service rep for the SIM unlock code for your phone
- Provide them with the IMEI number of your phone
- If you meet your service provider’s requirements, your SIM unlock code will be emailed to you in 2-5 days.
Option 2: Buy your SIM unlock code
Free options are always nice, but you can buy a SIM unlock code if you do not meet your service provider’s requirements for getting a free one. Android SIM Unlock lists LG G4 SIM unlock codes for $7.80 (7.25€ or £5.25) and promises to deliver the code in under 30 minutes.
- Visit Android SIM Unlock (or any other SIM unlocking service)
- Select the LG G4 SIM unlocking tool
- Enter your phone’s IMEI number and your email address
- Enter your payment details to complete your order
- Your LG G4 SIM unlock code will be emailed to you in 30 minutes or less
Unlock your LG G4
- Turn your phone off
- remove the back panel and battery from the LG G4
- Replace your service provider’s SIM card with a SIM card from a different carrier
- Insert the battery and snap on the back cover of the phone
- Turn the phone back on
- When prompted, enter the SIM unlock code your received from Android SIM Unlock of your service provider
- Your LG G4 is now SIM unlocked
Now that your LG G4 is SIM unlocked, it can be used on any compatible GSM network across the globe. This means you can pick up a local SIM card when traveling overseas or even switch service providers within your country without worrying about getting a new phone. If you know of another way to SIM unlock the LG G4, please share it in the comments.